Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Kohl's Cares for Kids and the environment

We went to Kohl's last Saturday and I noticed that they also have a Plastic Bag recycling bin at the store. The bin looks like this in case you want to bring your plastic bags for recycling while you're there shopping for good deals.

Plastic bag recycling bin
On top of the recycling bin, I found a flier about Kohl's commitment in helping to keep our environment clean. The flier also suggests a few things a customer can do in order to help.
While at the store, I also found an interesting book (see link below) at the Kohl's Cares for Kids area. It is one of their items for their Kohl's Cares for Kids program and I bought one. I just glanced at a few pages of the book but haven't read it entirely. I got it for only 5 dollars, which is a steal and I am hopping I may learn some other ways on helping to save our environment. But the other reason why I bought the book is that the Kohl's Cares for Kids program donates 100% of the net profit to support children's health and education initiatives nationwide. Ah, I just shot two birds with one stone... just a figure of speech. (No birds or animals were harmed while writing this post.) 


8WP2NF64N72R

1 comments:

Amanda206 said...

I think it is really neat that there are stores out there that care about our environment. We don’t always know what companies are doing to help make the earth a better place. This shows that Kohl’s is trying to make a difference and allowing other people to help them make a difference. I do like what Kohl’s also does with their Kohl’s Cares for Kids Program. They offer a lot of different items for a cheap price that are good for children. Also, when purchasing these items such as books and stuffed animals Kohl’s donate 100% of their profits to children’s organizations. I have purchased some of these items for relatives (nieces, nephews, and cousins) and I feel good that the money I spent was going toward a good cause.

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template