Friday, April 3, 2009

Getting Paid to Recycle - CBS News Video

I saw a video about getting paid by recycling a few months ago but cannot remember which channel I watched it. I happened to drop by the CBS website today and while there, I searched for Recycling videos and I found the video I saw before (see below).


The company that pays you to recycle is called RecycleBank. How it works is that they provide you a recycling cart where you put all the recyclable items. The cart has an embedded Radio Frequency IDentification (RFID) chip on it and this is used to track the weight of your items once they are picked up. The weight is then converted into points on your RecycleBank account and you can use these points to redeem rewards on their website.

The video was shown in December 2008 and according to it, RecycleBank is being used at 15 States and expects to be grow to 20 States this year.

0 comments:

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template